- All must be state registered with license plate displayed.
- All must have liability insurance to receive a permit to ride the trail.
- All ATV’s must have and display high on left rear fender a current year Snow Shoe Rails to trails sticker. Snowmobiles should be next to the state sticker.
- All operators must wear a securely fastened helmet with goggles or face shield.
- To operate an ATV, 8 through 15 years of age, you must possess a DCNR Safety Certificate.
- All operators must use a safe and reasonable speed.
- Slow Speed Zone (5 miles per hour) are designated in the following locations: All bridges, tunnels, residential areas through Number 10, Gillentown. Speeds should not exceed 20 miles per hour in all other areas.
- “Wheels Yield to Heels”--All must slow down when passing or overtaking another trail user.
- All motorists must stop when approaching horses, ask the rider when it would be safe and appropriate to continue.
- Stay on the trail, stay off adjoining private property.
- Refer to PA All Terrain Vehicle Law for all other regulations.
- Liability for negligence in the use or operation of an ATV/Snowmobile is attributable to the owner of the ATV/Snowmobile.
- All operators should act in a safe and responsible manner.
- All fires must be in self contained unit with bottom. Place ashes in designated area. Violators will lose their membership to the SSRTA.
- Class one and two maximum weight limits must not exceed 1,800 lbs.
Remember, it is better to be SAFE than Sorry!
Please obey all signs along the trail. They are for your safety as well as the safety of fellow trail users.
Below is a map of Townships which are currently ATV Friendly and allow township road access. We have also attached the ordinance for you to share with your township supervisors to encourage them to open up roads in your township of residence.
Chapter 77 - refer to page 17 and 21, they discuss the REDUCTION of the townships liability in the event of an accident
Sample Ordnance and Toby Ordnance are both samples for you to share with your township so that they can see the language other townships are using. They are basically the same info.
Please use the attached form below for memberships. Dues are good from January 1st to December 31st and are not pro-rated. You'll need to print it out and mail it, along with your payment, to the address below:Piney Rail Riders
616B Main Street
PO Box 570
Clarion, PA 16214